Thursday, June 25, 2009

What do you want from me?

I've not got the energy for a proper blog today so I'll do some bullet points
  • I went to Brighton on the weekend for a family birthday (click image to enlarge - stupidly impressive quality for a mobile phone camera taking in that much detail).
  • It was lots of fun and good to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a few years. Brighton was nice and it was great to see the sea again. The old, burnt out pier really adds character to the sea front.
  • One funny moment was, when talking to my cousins the same age as me, I referred to the older adults (their parents basically) as 'the grown ups'. Years ago when we went on holiday together this was an accurate assessment (and usually said in hushed, conspiratorial tones).
  • I haven't been running for a while and I feel bad about it.
  • I read Shakespeare by Bill Bryson which was very good. I'm now reading his Neither Here Nor There. He is a good writer.
  • James May in Space was truly amazing television and I would urge anyone who hadn't seen it to watch on iPlayer, especially the last 15 minutes or so when he does indeed go in to space. Breathtaking.
  • I won a moleskin notebook via Twitter. I will use it to record interesting ideas - not 'to do' lists.
  • I received one of my old poems from my tutor from my Creative Writing course at Cardiff University. I might enter the National Poetry Competition with it. Maybe.
  • I must get back to work. Bye.

No comments:

Widgets