Thursday, April 08, 2010

Bragguns and Dragons

Started Melvin Bragg's Remember Me now, another 450+ page effort, seem to be going in for the long books this year, and it's quite enjoyable to do so, nice to really ease into a story and know you're in for a (hopefully) intricate and clever tale. As it's by Bragg I can sometimes here that leather-on-willow voice of English intelligence reading the sentences aloud. Which is disconcernting.

If I were a famous author I would go around on the tube and so forth looking for people reading my books, then I'd stand behind them and quietly say the words out loud they were reading. Be terrifying for them. Although, of course, they'd have to know the sound of my voice already, otherwise I'd just look like a nutter reading aloud words on the tube.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I saw How to Train Your Dragon in 3D the other day. I do like 3D. It seems you need to put flying dragons into a 3D movie to make it fun, and to be honest I couldn't imagine something like A Single Man needing the 3D treatment. The idea of one hour thirty plus of Colin Firth looking morose in 3D is not something I would want.

Unless there was a massive dragon somewhere in the story as well.

No comments:

Widgets