Monday, February 12, 2007

Freelance? Who's he and why is he in prison?

Freelance is a funny old game. Putting in numerous hours for no money and often for a tiny piece that gets edited to within an inch of its life. So why do it?

Last night I got to interview Andy Spence, a member of New Young Pony Club (second in from left), and then watch them live on the NME Rave Tour. It was a very enjoyable experience and nice to chat to someone involved at the heart of the ever changing music scene. Here is the review, and here is the interview...and the single review...it's like I'm their personal reviewer...

I suppose freelance is done for all the obvious reasons -the freebies, for the portfolio etc. - but I think partly it is done for the chance to get out, meet people and do things, that you just wouldn't usually get the chance to do.

However, I don't think anything will quite beat the feeling of getting an article published and getting paid too. If anyone wants to help me experience this feeling, please don't hesitate to get in touch...

1 comment:

Edward said...

Nice blog title, Dr. Strangeblog.

Interesting that blogging was an assignment for you.

Widgets