Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ten Tors forced to stop by Torrential Rain

I did Ten Tors 45 miles in 2002 - a fantastic weekend it was too with a real sense of achievement afterwards. My brother (currently cycling his way around the delights of southern Europe and north Africa) went one better and did 45 and 55 and he too was proud to have completed such a difficult event.

Therefore I can empathise a lot with the youngsters who were taken off the moor on this years' event after terrible conditions forced the army to abandon the event.

There was a piece in the Guardian's G2 section today - you can read it online here - extolling the merits of the fact in todays' health and safety world people still challenge themselves to do things like this and although I know all the people who trained so hard for this event will be bitterly disappointed I am sure most will be back next year determined to finish off their hard work.

No comments:

Widgets